Equity Scholarships are currently being granted to help future and current undergraduate students who are disadvantaged. Scholarships are open to Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens, permanent residents (other than humanitarian), permanent residents (humanitarian).
The scholarship is designed to assist with costs associated with higher education. Scholarships are generally awarded to students impacted with multiple disadvantages.
The Southern Cross University is an Australian public university, with campuses at Lismore and Coffs Harbour in northern New South Wales, and at the southern end of the Gold Coast in Queensland.
• Application Deadline: December 31, 2018.
• Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue an undergraduate degree program.
• Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
• Scholarship Award: From 2018 the value of the scholarship offer will be a pro-rata rate of $500 per unit up to a maximum value of $2000.
• Number of Scholarships: Number not given.
• Nationality: The scholarship is available for Australian citizens.
• Scholarship can be taken in Australia.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
• Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available for Australian citizens.
• Entrance Requirements: Applicants must:
• Receiving or expecting to receive a Centrelink means-tested income support payment (such as Disability Support Pension, Parenting Payment Single, Career Payment etc.).
• Dependent commencing students aged between 16–20 years whose parent/guardian is in receipt of Family Tax Benefit (FTB) Part A for this student at the time of application.
• All applicants must complete and submit the application form for consideration by the scholarship panel. The university will aim to inform all candidates if their application has been considered successful by the closing date. All unsuccessful candidates will be written to after this date.
• The University must support and validate your application for it to be considered by the scholarship panel.
• If you have any questions about your eligibility or are having difficulty applying, please contact the university’s international team by email.
How to Apply: To apply for Equity Scholarships, you must be enrolled at a participating institution, or applying for admission:
• through UAC for undergraduate or postgraduate study – there are only a very limited number of equity scholarships open to international applicants, or
• directly to an institution, or
• Through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) or the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC).